Home Forums ART WordPress Theme Creating Gallery Portfolio Category does not work

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    cmyck
    Participant
    Purchased
    Supported

Hi,

I am trying to create galleries based on portfolio categories. I have created the categories and assigned images to them. But when I select source portfolio and select a categorie in the mason grid, no images are displayed.
    How do I get this to work?

Thanks!
    cmyk

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased
    Expired

Hi there,
    Welcome to SeaTheme forum.

Please make sure:
    – If there is the Featured image set for single portfolio
    – If the single portfolios are Published

Regards!
    SeaTheme – FAQsWordPress CustomizationFacebook

cmyck
    Participant
    Purchased
    Supported

There is not even one image loaded when I go to “Edit your Portfolion Layout”. In the tutorial video, it’s already showing the images.
    The portfolios are published. I have no idea, where to set the feature image.

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased
    Expired

Please edit a single portfolio post, add thefeatured image(for thumb on masonry grid) on right side bar.

featured image

Regards!

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased
    Expired
    This reply has been marked as private.
    cmyck
    Participant
    Purchased
    Supported
    This reply has been marked as private.
    SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased
    Expired

I have created the categories and assigned images to them. But when I select source portfolio and select a categorie in the mason grid, no images are displayed.
    How do I get this to work?

You are creating a multi-lang website. All single portfolios are set with Ge, most all portfolio categories are set with En. It means that all portfolios are without categories. So portfolios(images) will NOT show on masonry grid(when you select a category on “Edit your Portfolio Layout”, there is none single portfolio in the category).

I found the portfolio named “Test” with draft, it is published(yes, the portfolio need to be published) now. It is the only one portfolio with category(check screenshot). I added it to masonry-grid-test page, it works.

You have added Featured image for single portfolios.

I would like 4 Galleries, each showing automatically all photos that are in one of the 4 categories (Landscape, Portrait, Figure, Stilllife).

Do you mean that 4 pages? One gallery shows on one page?

OR
    do you talk about the Filter(check what is filter)?

Please answer the 3 questions, I will reply you based it.

Regards!

cmyck
    Participant
    Purchased
    Supported

Thanks!

Do you mean that 4 pages? One gallery shows on one page?

Yes, on 4 pages. I would like to have the same as I have now under Work. But instead of manually adding the images, I would like them to automatically added to one of the 4 galleries based on the image’s category setting.

Also, is it possible to have an order by file name instead of just the date added?

I still don’t understand why there is only one image showing in on the test portfolio.

Regards,
    cmyk

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased
    Expired

Welcome

Yes, on 4 pages. I would like to have the same as I have now under Work. But instead of manually adding the images, I would like them to automatically added to one of the 4 galleries based on the image’s category setting.

Please use Grid module(not Masonry Grid) to create the gallery, select “Portfolio”(not Media library) from selector Source. Select the category of the single Portfolio posts. All single Portfolio posts in the selected category will display automatically, new added single Portfolio will display automatically also.

Also, is it possible to have an order by file name instead of just the date added?

Not possible

I still don’t understand why there is only one image showing in on the test portfolio.

Because there only one single Portfolio(named Test) under En, you need to add more single Portfolio posts with En, set with category “Landscapes”, then go to Page/All pages, edit the Masonry Grid test page, edit the Masonry Grid, click “Edit your Portfolio Layout”, the new single Portfolio posts will display.

Regards!

cmyck
    Participant
    Purchased
    Supported

You know, it would help, if you had clearer documentation on this.
    There is no mention of how the hierarchy is structured.
    Looks like it’s like this and not the other way around?:
    Category 1
    – Portfolio 1
    – Portfolio 2
    – Portfolio 3
    Category 2
    – Portfolio 1
    – Portfolio 2

I also do not know what “single” Porfolio means exactly.

I still don’t understand why I cannot get more images into one of the test portfolios. Only one image is showing: https://philippringli.com/ux-portfolio/test/ per Portfolio.
    Also, when you click it, it just loads the portfolio page. You never get to the lightbox. And the only image that is showing is the “featured image”.

You did not answer my previous question:

I guess, the categories under Media are not the same as the ones under Portfolio? This is extremely confusing.

What I would like is Portfolios based on media category, without having to add images manually to a grid, but by having it populated based on categories.

Thanks,
    cmyk

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased
    Expired

Hi,

There is no mention of how the hierarchy is structured.
    Looks like it’s like this and not the other way around?:
    Category 1
    – Portfolio 1

Yes

I also do not know what “single” Porfolio means exactly.

Single portfolios are created by “Portfolio / Add New”(check more), that they can set with category and the featured image.

Also, when you click it, it just loads the portfolio page. You never get to the lightbox. And the only image that is showing is the “featured image”.

Edit the Grid module, find “What Thumbnail Does”, select “Lightbox”(check)

I still don’t understand why I cannot get more images into one of the test portfolios. Only one image is showing: https://philippringli.com/ux-portfolio/test/ per Portfolio.

You are creating a multi-lang website, EN and GE. It means that you are creating 2 websites. The a webpage like “Portfolio1”, you need to create 2 pages: Portfolio1 with En and Portfolio1 with Ge. It is the same for a Category. Your single portfolios are set with Ge(excerpt for “Test”) , but categories are set with En. When you select the En category on Grid, so there is none portfolios(excerpt for “Test”) shown.

If you still can not understand it, create one language firstly. You can clone and translate all webpages to the 2nd language in the next step.

What I would like is Portfolios based on media category, without having to add images manually to a grid, but by having it populated based on categories.

It(media) does not support categories for now. You can only select images manually. I think you can use this way. It is more easy than single portfolio.

Regards!

cmyck
    Participant
    Purchased
    Supported

Thanks for explaining.

There is a “Category” entry created by your Builder plugin under Media (side Menu).
    But as far as I can tell, it has no purpose. I cannot feed galleries based on categories.

Also, adding images to the to the grid is pretty cumbersome and limited.
    1) When you add images, the select dialog does not show you what images have already been added to the grid.
    2) You have no way of ordering the images (other than drag/drop). I need to order them by their file names (I named them YYYYMMDD…). A list view that can be ordered would be a great help!

cmyck
    Participant
    Purchased
    Supported

I have another issue:
    https://philippringli.com/ux-portfolio/pleinair-bm/

There is a huge space before the gallery displays. I have no idea how to get rid of it.

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased
    Expired

Hi,

There is a “Category” entry created by your Builder plugin under Media (side Menu).
    But as far as I can tell, it has no purpose. I cannot feed galleries based on categories.

It is for the filter options only.

I have another issue:
    https://philippringli.com/ux-portfolio/pleinair-bm/
    There is a huge space before the gallery displays. I have no idea how to get rid of it.

There is an empty module above the gallery. Remove it the space will go.

Regards!

cmyck
    Participant
    Purchased
    Supported

There is an empty module above the gallery. Remove it the space will go.

Thanks! That was really hard to find.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join Newsletter(FREE)

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive news & updates. We promise to not spam you, super promise!