- March 13, 2015 at 4:40 pm #6682dashmistaParticipant
I am curious, do you have any suggestions to make page load faster? Some users are complaining that uxdash.com is loading very slowly. I reduced the size of the images on the page, what else can I do?
ThanksMarch 14, 2015 at 1:50 am #6687
The speed is affected by the many reasons like more plugins(Fw, we put some plugins for show all features. ), thumnails size, space speed…
If you want to optimize the page speed, there are some solutions you could try:
– Upgrade website space service, this is the most effective way
– Use Cache / Minify plugins: like W3c Toal Cache(note: install WP Super Cache after your site is finished)
– Stop the plugins that you don’t need (like revolution slider, contact form 7…)
– Image Optimization, use the Chrome develop tool to find the big size image for main page(homepage..) , optimize the images by photoshop(save as web / jpg format) and replace them by FTP
Best,BwsmMay 19, 2015 at 12:08 pm #7309
How to replace them by FTP? Where I can find FTP 😀May 20, 2015 at 1:40 am #7320
Hi, Dear admiribro,
You should find it in your site host admin panel. You could upload/download site file by FTP.
how to use ftp : https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/ftp/
how to find ftp(eg: Godaday) : https://support.godaddy.com/help/article/4881/finding-your-hostingftp-login-or-user-name (every host server is different, you need to ask your host server)
Best, BwsmJune 24, 2015 at 3:53 pm #7660
Can small picture make speed slow… e.g. for posts and pages are recommended pictures 800×800
If the pictures are lower than this, can it be the problem?June 25, 2015 at 2:50 am #7663
Sure, the small image will make page faster.
You could reset the tuhmb settings in functions/theme/theme-admin.php
add_image_size('standard-blog-thumb', 800, 400, true); add_image_size('standard-thumb', 800, 9999); add_image_size('image-thumb', 800, 480, true); add_image_size('image-thumb-1', 800, 800, true); add_image_size('image-thumb-2', 400, 800, true);
Note: it does’t work for exited images, you need re-upload them or override them by FTPSeptember 10, 2015 at 7:30 pm #8327
What to do with this code, just to insert this code or what?September 10, 2015 at 11:01 pm #8328
BY FTP to find this file: functions/theme/theme-admin.php
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.