Home Forums ART WordPress Theme Support Needed for Existing Site

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kenehrlich
    Participant
    Purchased
    Supported

Hello,

I’ve activated the theme and imported demo “PhotoGallery +Irregular”. I have followed the instructions – deactivated all plugins except the BM Content Builder before start importing Demo but when I view the site to edit the existing content to fit into this new theme, I just see: kenerhlich.net.

My question is – how does the art theme demo handle existing content from a previous theme? how should I proceed? I’m not a web developer but am comfortable navigating blocks and basic editing.

You can reach me on (213) 210-5631.

Thank you.

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased
    Expired

Hi there,
    Welcome to SeaTheme forum.

I don’t know what kind of content is built by the previous theme. If the content is built by a special type post(like portfolio), page layout, or different page builder. The content are usually invisible if it turns to a new theme, which is normal. Because different themes support different content(different layouts options, meta names, builder, etc.). You need to re-build content based on a new theme(or plugin). The normal single post(built by WordPress default editor) could be shown in the new theme.

Regards!
    SeaTheme – FAQsTwitterFacebook

kenehrlich
    Participant
    Purchased
    Supported

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. The previous site was built with “bloc” theme. Essentially, the Portfolio page functioned as a way of conveying projects with images and descriptive text (more than a simple caption). Projects had category tags so that a category could be filtered to streamline the relevant view. I was hoping that at the very least images would display to save time, but from your reply I am understanding that we need to rebuild the site. I will confer with Ken to see how he wants to proceed and reach out if I have difficulties. One last question, because the demo doesn’t seem to be importing in a way that makes it self-evident on where placeholder images are to replace with our images, would you recommend not using the demo as a starting point? Again, we are NOT web developers and so need it to be as basic wordpress-friendly as possible.

Thank you.
    Kelly

SeaTheme
    Keymaster
    Purchased
    Expired

Hi,

Welcome!

For license reason, the placeholder images(colorful images) replace the demo pictures. You could replace them with your own images (refer to https://doc.seatheme.net/theme/art/installation/installing-art-via-wordpress/#replace-the-placeholders ).

Most layouts (includes placeholders) can be replaced in the BM content builder, which is a WYSIWYG builder that does not require professional technical knowledge. Please refer to (video) https://doc.seatheme.net/sea-content-builder-plugin/bm-content-builder-introduction/#quick-video-guide

Regards!
    SeaTheme – FAQsTwitterFacebook

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join Newsletter(FREE)

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive news & updates. We promise to not spam you, super promise!